Please register early; many activities have limited enrollment. Activities without sufficient enrollment may be cancelled. Last minute registration may affect program placements.
Moriah Pus reserves the right to cancel a program due to low enrollment. If The Moriah School is closed due to weather or holidays, all Moriah Plus programs that day are also cancelled. Makeups will only be given after two school cancellations.
COVID REFUND POLICY:
If your child or group is isolated due to Covid-19 and cannot attend, you will be refunded for the 10 days of quarantine until you are able to return.If your class is forced to close altogether, we will provide a partial refund. Please understand that Moriah Plus is incurring costs to offer this program, which are necessary to ensure that we can offer a successful experience.
Absolutely no refunds and/or transfer of funds will be issued after the start of a program except for one of the following reasons:
A program is cancelled by Moriah Plus or a request is accompanied by a written medical excuse.
There are no cash or credit card refunds. All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit.
If you are more then 15 minutes late for pick up your child will be sent to the front lobby. Any persons found participating in a program in which he or she is not properly registered will be ejected from the activity. After two late pick-ups, a fee will be applied.
Code of Conduct:
Moriah Plus prides itself in offering educational opportunities through leisure experiences. Participation in programs is subject to the observance of rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or staff member who violates this code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program:
• Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer, or another participant
• Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, staff member, or volunteer
• Verbal, physical, or visual harassment of another participant, staff member, or volunteer
• Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant
• Failure to cooperate with adult supervisor/leader/mentor
• Conduct endangering the life, safety, health, or well being of others
• Failure to leave area in the condition in which you found it, including restrooms, gym, hallways, and any other area used.
• Failure to follow any Moriah Plus policies or procedures.
Moriah Plus reserves the right to use all photographs, slides and videos taken of all individuals while participating in Moriah Plus programs for any and all publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have any family member’s photo used, you must submit a written letter to Moriah Plus stating this along with a photo of the individual/s concerned.
Moriah Plus strives to be an inclusive community. If you require special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and how we may be able to support your participation.
COVID 202 Waiver:
NOTICE AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND AGREEMENT FOR ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, AND WAIVING AND RELEASING ALL CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND PROPERTY DAMAGES DUE FROM THE ACCIDENTAL EXPOSURE TO SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, MIS-C & OTHER PANDEMIC ILLNESSES.
CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT AND THE ATTACHED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT FOR ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, AND WAIVING AND RELEASING ALL CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND PROPERTY DAMAGES DUE FROM AN ACCIDENTAL EXPOSURE TO SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, MIS-C & OTHER PANDEMIC ILLNESSES AT A CITY RECREATION PROGRAM OR EVENT (“WAIVER”) .
THE ATTACHED WAIVER AFFECTS IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS YOU, YOUR CHILD(REN) AND/OR YOUR OTHER FAMILY MEMBER(S) AND/OR DEPENDENT(S) MAY HAVE IN THE EVENT YOU, YOUR CHILD(REN), AND/OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBER(S)/DEPENDENT(S) BECOME EXPOSED TO, INFECTED WITH, OR SUSTAIN BODILY INJURIES AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE FROM HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS(ES) AND DISEASES.
I. Background and Purpose
Moriah Plus & Plus Program Services (hereinafter jointly and separately referred to in the attached WAIVER as the) sponsor(s) and offer(s) to the public the option of participating in or attending a variety of indoor and outdoor physical, social and educational programs and activities, including competitive and non-competitive sports and sporting events, organized leagues, day camps, games, and instructional/training programs and camps (collectively referred to hereinafter and in the attached WAIVER as the “RECREATION PROGRAM(S)”). These RECREATION PROGRAM(S) are held on private property that might be accessible to large numbers of people on a daily basis.
Enrollment and participation in any Moriah Plus PROGRAM(S) and permission to access any Moriah Plus facilities/property and equipment to participate in or use at a Moriah Plus PROGRAM is expressly conditional on properly completing, signing, and returning this WAIVER in a timely manner.
Access to and participation in any Moriah Plus PROGRAM(S) and/or facilities, property and equipment used in a RECREATION PROGRAM may be denied or revoked at any time for failure to properly complete, sign and return this WAIVER.
Page 1 of 4
II. Acknowledgment of Agreement
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT FOR ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS, AND WAIVING AND RELEASING ALL CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND PROPERTY DAMAGES DUE FROM AN ACCIDENTAL EXPOSURE TO SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, MIS-C & OTHER PANDEMIC ILLNESSES AT A CITY RECREATION PROGRAM OR EVENT
I/WE, (hereinafter “I/WE), acknowledge and represent that I/WE am/are the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of:
(hereinafter referred to as the “PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S)”)
By signing this WAIVER and initialing each page, I/WE acknowledge and agree that I/WE have been provided with, read and fully understand: (i) the Center for Disease Control’s (“CDC”) and the New Jersey Department of Health’s (“NJDOH”) information and guidelines for preventing/protecting against, and recognizing the signs and symptoms of, infection for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) and the related illnesses and medical conditions called COVID-19 and Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (“MIS-C”)(collectively the “PANDEMIC ILLNESSES”); and the Moriah Plus PROGRAM OF RECREATION’S “COVID-19 Operational Plan” for 2020.
I/WE further acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. The CDC and NJDOH have determined that the PANDEMIC ILLNESSES are highly
contagious viruses, diseases and medical conditions.
2. Exposure to or infection from these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES may cause serious permanent bodily injury, including respiratory failure, cardiac arrest, and death in healthy persons of all ages.
3. These PANDEMIC ILLNESSES are new. The standards and recommendations on how to prevent and protect against the risk of exposure to infection and the spread of these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES continues to change as more data becomes available.
4. These PANDEMIC ILLNESSES presently exist and remain prevalent throughout all areas of the State of New Jersey and continue to infect persons and spread throughout all counties and local communities, including the residents of the CITY OF ENGLEWOOD.
5. These PANDEMIC ILLNESSES have a high probability of spreading to person(s) who are either in direct contact with, or in close proximity to (within about 6 feet or 2 meters) an infected person.
6. The CDC and NJDOH believe these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES are most likely to spread from person to person by droplets produced into the air when an infected person coughs, sneezes, talks or otherwise moves air out through their nose and mouth; and from touching/contacting surfaces on which droplets containing the virus exist.
7. There is no known vaccination(s), immunization(s) or cure for these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES.
Page 2 of 4
8. The CDC and the NJDOH maintain that the best way to prevent and protect against infection and/or spread of these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES is to self-quarantine and to avoid contact with other individuals, large gatherings and spending time in public places and buildings.
9. Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services sponsor(s) and offer(s) to the public the option of participating in or attending a variety of indoor and outdoor physical, social and educational programs and activities, including competitive and non-competitive sports and sporting events, organized leagues, day camps, games, and instructional/training programs and camps (“RECREATION PROGRAM(S)”) which are essential to the social, physical, educational and character development and the mental and physical health of the public.
10. Attending or participating in any RECREATION PROGRAM poses an inherent risk
of infection and a heightened risk of injury from and exposure to these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES regardless of the measures taken by the CITY: (i) to avoid close contact with other persons, including infected persons; (ii) to disinfect CITY facilities, equipment and public property; and (iii) to discover, contact trace, and quarantine infected persons and/or persons exhibiting signs and symptoms of infection of these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES.
11. Attending and/or participating in a Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services PROGRAM may also increase the risk of exposure to these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES and the further spreading of these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES to other family members, PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS, and third persons.
By signing this WAIVER, I/WE do further acknowledge the contagious nature of these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES, and that an inherent and heightened risk of danger to infection and exposure to these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES exists for all PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS, persons and other participants attending any CITY RECREATION PROGRAM at this time. I/WE acknowledge and agree to voluntarily assume all risks that I/WE, the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S), and our other family member(s) may be exposed to or infected by these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES by attending or participating in any Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services PROGRAM; and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I/WE understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by these PANDEMIC ILLNESSES at a Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services PROGRAM may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to the Owners, Instructers, employees, and volunteers; and other participants/attendees of the RECREATION PROGRAM and their families.
I/WE, on behalf of ourselves, the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S) and the other dependents of my/our household, I/WE voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks, and do accept sole and complete responsibility for any and all injuries, damage(s) and other losses to the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S), my/our other dependent(s), the other members of my/our family, and/or to myself/ourselves for attending or participating in a Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services PROGRAM, including for all bodily injuries, disabilities, permanent disabilities, deaths, illnesses, damages, losses, claims, demands, liabilities, medical treatment and expenses, attorneys fees, costs of suit and/or expenses of any kind that is incurred in connection with attending or participating in any Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services PROGRAM.
I/WE, on behalf of myself/ourselves, the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S), my/our other household members and/or dependents, HEREBY RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGE, WAIVE
Page 3 of 4
AND HOLD HARMLESS Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services, AND EACH OF THE OWNERS, INTRUCTERS, EMPLOYEES AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS AND REPRESENTATIVES FOR AND FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, ACTIONS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE ACCIDENTIAL AND/OR NEGLIGENT EXPOSURE TO THESE PANDEMIC ILLNESSES FROM ATTENDING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY MORIAH PLUS/PLUS PROGRAM SERVICES PROGRAM(S).
I/WE UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE INCLUDES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BASED ON THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF MORIAH PLUS, PLUS PROGRAM SERVICES, OWNERS,INSTRUCTERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS AND REPRESENTATIVES, REGARDLESS
OF WHETHER INFECTION FROM THESE PANDEMIC ILLNESSES OCCUR BEFORE DURING OR AFTER PARTICIPATION AND/OR ATTENDANCE IN ANY MORIAH PLUS/PLUS PROGRAM SERVICES PROGRAM(S).
By signing this agreement, I/WE further acknowledge that I/WE have read and discussed with the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S) the provisions of this WAIVER and the dangers and risks associated with attending and/or participating in any of the MORIAH PLUS/PLUS PROGRAM SERVICES RECREATION PROGRAM(S); the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S) fully understand(s) and appreciate(s) these dangers and risks; and the PROGRAM PARTICIPANT(S) voluntarily wishes to enroll in, participate and otherwise attend the MORIAH PLUS PROGRAM.
This WAIVER does not supersede, circumvent, or cancel Moriah Plus/Plus Program Services Main Participation Agreement or Rules and Regulations.
If any part of this WAIVER is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the remainder of this WAIVER release from liability shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect and the offending provision or provisions severed here from.
I/WE, have read and accept the terms and conditions of this, and acknowledge and agree that it shall, to the fullest extent allowed by law, be effective upon me and my child(ren), and our respective heirs, personal representatives, estates and family members.
I recognize that participation in contact sports and other activities may occasionally lead to injury. The most common injuries are abrasions, bruises, sprains, and strains; less common injuries, but perhaps more serious, may occur. I hereby authorize emergency medical care for my child(ren). If, in the judgment of the staff, treatment is required for injury or illness, I hereby authorize the administration of emergency medical treatment and other procedures deemed necessary by the staff. I recognize that I am financially responsible for any expenses for medical care or transportation incurred.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT & CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT:
I agree to abide by the conditions herein and agree to hold harmless, waive, and release any and all claims for damages against Moriah Plus, The Moriah School, Program Plus Services LLC, and its agents, employees, and other such individuals who may be involved in the plan and implementation of this/these programs.
I have also read and understand the Moriah Plus code of conduct. I, as well as my child(ren), agree to abide by the rules described in the Code of Conduct and understand that we may be removed as a participant, if we violate any of those rules.
I have read and agree to all of the above.________